Thursday, January 7, 2016

Perfection


"I found it today at 2:09 pm.
I found something so sweet, pure, and beautiful. I found perfection in the midst of contradiction and tension. I found the newness of perfection within the defeat of the old. 
It was spatial, but it wasn't. It was another dimension, but I was touching it in this one. It was a moment. It was a lifetime. It was fleeting. So permanent. So indescribable yet here I am trying to box it with words. Words. Boxes. Definitions. 
Maybe I'm crazy to call Wednesday Wunday but the thing is, I can do it if I desire. You see, words are normal, but are not required. Definitions are standard, but not absolute. 
This is why I can say I found perfection today. This is why I can tell you that where the elephants blast, I touched my past with the gentle brush of new. You see, here the children screech and the birds tweet, the lions roar and unfortunately the eagles don't soar. I was not far from home, but perfectly far away in my halo of perfection. I was the angel and I was the light, too, today, at the zoo."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think with a comment!